There a number of options to help protect you from medical expenses. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Individual Major Medical. You can purchase this coverage under the Affordable Care Act during open enrollment or if you have a qualifying life event. Based on your household income you might be able to receive a discount on the premium (subsidy). If you are choosing to purchase individual medical coverage, and do not want to use the ACA Market Place, you would still need to have a Life Event purchase coverage outside the open enrollment period. Examples include: A change in your situation — like getting married, having a baby, or losing health coverage — that can make you eligible for a Special Enrollment Period, allowing you to enroll in health insurance outside the yearly Open Enrollment Period.
2. Christian Medical Cost Share. With the rising cost on medical insurance many are looking at different options. There are at least 5 Christian Medical Cost Sharing plans. Christian HealthCare Ministries (CHM) are an affordable, faith-based, solution for Christians to the problems of rising healthcare costs and expensive health insurance policies. Please go to the “Christian HealthShare” tab for more information!
3. Short-Term Medical. Perhaps you have started a new job and have a waiting period before your group medical starts or perhaps you did not sign up for medical insurance during open enrollment and need coverage until the next open enrollment. A short term medical plan can be purchased to cover the unexpected illness or injury. Coverage can be for 30 days to 90 days. Little underwriting – pre-existing conditions generally not covered for this short-term coverage. GREAT COVERAGE at a very reasonable price.
4. Hospital Indemnity. Some feel that they simply cannot afford a Marketplace major medical plan or simply do not want to get this coverage. There are some GREAT plans available that provide basic coverage for doctor visits, hospital stays, emergency room visits and many other benefits! Underwriting is very favorable.
5. Dental Insurance. Many of us wait too long before we go to a dentist. Most dental plans have a waiting period on major services, so the motivation to purchase coverage may not be that strong. We represent a carrier that has no waiting period for ALL services! Choice of any Dentist • $750 to $5,000 Annual Maximums • Coverage for crowns, bridges, implants, dentures, root canals and more • 3 Cleanings and two exams per year • Acceptance Guaranteed • $100 lifetime deductible!
Coverage available for individuals (all ages) and small employers! Please go to this link for additional information and plan choices: http://ow.ly/acAc30mK62P
If you are interested in additional information please email or call me and we can discuss!